Friday, October 5, 2007

Mule Apples… I Don’t Think We’re in Arizona Anymore

Last week Little Man and I ventured to Montana to visit NaNa, Pa, and TaTa. The company was great and the scenery is a true testament of God’s wonderful creation. Fall was in full swing and the trees were beginning to change. On our first day, Little Man wanted to see the mules and horses, so off to the field we went. He was playing and throwing what I thought was a rock and was quickly corrected that it was a mule apple. Mule apples. hmmm….you definitely can’t buy those in the grocery store in AZ. (And sorry I didn't take any photos of the mule apples)

Another experience Little Man was able to do was make bread. NaNa was showing Little Man how to grind flour, but he was more interested in rolling his own dough “ball” and playing with the flour.

The next country experience would have been making spaghetti sauce with the boxes of tomatoes from the garden down the street; but we ran out of time. It’s amazing how much food you can gather in the neighborhood without venturing to a grocery store. Little Man had a great time cleaning off the dirt and throwing the tomato “ball”. Do you think he looks a little guilty?
Feeding the mules was the next adventure. Big Man arrived and Little Man couldn’t wait to feed the mules and horses some apple tarts. Little Man learned to stick out his hand for the mules to eat out of it… Brave soul, I was at least 27 before I did that.


A few more pictures from the farm. We loved being able to go outside and Little Man could run for miles without running into concrete walls. It was great. We miss being with family already and look forward to our next trip to the Big Sky Country.

Little Man playing in the grass.... And if anyone asks those are red gloves... well, really they are pink, but I thought I could try :)
My two favorite men....


A trip would not be complete without a puppy picture. Over the week we saw a variety of animals... dogs, cats, mules, horses, wild turkeys, deer, and cow...... Who needs the zoo when you can travel to Montana? Thanks Mom, Marty, and Taylor for the fun time, we love you and miss you bunches :)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kers said...

Could they turn their house in to a B&B so we could all have a visit? It looks so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time! Love the sweet pictures of your guys together. :)

mini and brother said...

I really want to be there. Looks like a dream. I too would like to visit NaNa & TaTa's Bed and Breakfast.

Mikele said...

I'll bet you already have that great picture of Big and Little in a frame.

Carrie said...

How fun ... I still don't think I'd feed anything to a mule so your little guy is VERY brave!!!

Jenny said...

How beautiful! What fun memories!

Anonymous said...

Not to be rude, but I think it's time to UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!! ;o)