Sunday, July 22, 2007

SURPRISE!!

It happens to be my birthday weekend and honestly I almost forgot. Adam and I were having a relaxing weekend and didn't have much planned..... so I thought. The only thing on the agenda was cleaning the garage, I know everyone wishes they could clean their garage when the temperature is 105 degrees with 150% humidity. Well, I should've suspected something else was planned when I found a chocolate cake big enough to feed 5,000 in the closet (hmmm), Adam ignoring his cell phone when it kept beeping (hmmm), and the fact that Adam kept reminding me that we were going to Costco at 3:30 (why 3:30 - is there a big giveaway that we need to go to??). But I was just oblivious and unknowing complied with his entire plan.... We went to Costco and came back to find a house full of guests waiting to SURPRISE me. I was completely caught off guard and hopefully didn't say anything that I will regret later :)

Needless to say, I was in shock and after that wore off, I was thankful that my husband was so thoughtful and my friends were there to wish me a happy birthday. I am truly blessed to have great friends around, it was a very special afternoon.

And what would a surprise party be without a little swimming pool fun?

And a little Hersey's Kiss snack..... Miles liked sampling the morsels, but was a little confused what the yummy brown center was..... But I assure you that he was more than happy to continue taste testing, right Robyn?


How could we capture the excitement without a group picture of the little tikes? Next time I will be a bit more fancy and create a collage, but I haven't finished my Blogging 101 class yet. Who do you think has been practicing their game faces???
Alas, we were able to gather the tikes and thanks to Jen's Portrait Innovation skills, we were able to get the majority of the kids to look at the camera.

Also, in attendance at the party were a few celebrities..... The Hammer Twins. Okay, I should explain the Hammer twins a little bit.... Little Man and Brother love their blankies, but of course it isn't manly to have a blankie, so Adam calls the blankies "hammers".
I know, they may be a little lost on construction sites.... but we are totally okay with that.

Thanks everyone for coming over to celebrate me turning another year older. It meant a lot to me. And of course, thanks to my husband for being so thoughtful. Stay tuned for the next King Surprise......

5 comments:

Mikele said...

Every time I leave a room, Robyn is there to feed one of my children chocolate. I actually like it and um... Robyn, they want to come to your house later.

Happy Birthday, Feather. You're really old and stuff.

Oh, and Kate insisted on her own "blankee" when we got home, so I had to dig one out. Scotty will need to teach her how to rub her nose with it.

Anonymous said...

What a fun night! I'm just bummed we had to leave before busting into that enormous chocolate cake.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Happy Birthday Heather! You look fabulous for 27!

mini and brother said...

Happy Birthday. I love all the pictures. Thanks for the fun night.

Anonymous said...

I'm always happy to feed those poor healthy eating kids some treats, especially since their mom has no problem enjoying the treats herself... ;)
Happy Birthday Heather!!! It was so fun surprising you!