Monday, July 30, 2007

28 Hours And Counting...

In about 28 hours, I will be on my way home from the office and starting a new chapter - Stay at Home Mom, Part I. I am excited and nervous. The first few weeks will be the hardest, but I am confident that sleeping in and several trips to the mall will cure any longing for the corporate world that might creep up. In fact as part of my first duty (after taking Colin to his play dates and cuddle time) I will be planning a retirement / celebration party .....couple of cheese tables, appletini station, poker tables in the backyard.....hmmm

In order to get prepared for the big day, the family went to my office and helped me pack boxes. I love watching the movie Office Space because cubicle ville is where I have spent 40 hours a week for the past 11 years and we have a lot of "stapler" people who should be relocated to the basement. Especially the one that sits in this cube....

I will miss the view that I see while standing on a chair peering over my cubicle wall.... However, I will not miss the traffic or saying Bye-Bye to Little Man every morning.
The biggest thing I am looking forward to is spending more time with my team and putting together some strategic action plans (had to use that corporate jargon somewhere)....



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm excited for you, Feather. The transition may not be easy but it will be soooo worth it. Can't wait for your retirement party ;) I'll wear plenty of flare.

mini and brother said...

I'm crying a little. I'm so happy youve made this choice. I really don't think you'll regret it!! But, that is quite a view.
Retirement party here we come!!!!!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Congratulations to the end of an era and the beginning of another! Let's defintly plan a playdate...Baby Spice needs a little more male influence. Oh, and how do I get in on the appletini's?! :-)

feather said...

Thanks for the encouragement, the big day arrived and I am at peace and want to wake up Little Man...

Rachel said...

Being a SAHM is a wonderful thing! Trust me, after the first day you won't even think about your old job anymore!

Mikele said...

I love Fing parties! (I'm starting a "f" trend here)

Jenny said...

Hi Feather!

Congrats on becoming a SAHM and a blogger too! There will be plenty of hard days but the joy is worth it! (Not to mention, there were plenty of hard days at our regular/previous jobs, right?)

It's fun to see you and Colin every week...