Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! This is just a small taste of the New Year's celebration (and maybe some foreshadowing for Little Ax, he couldn't put down the cup of apple cider for anything....) Stay tuned our friend will post more soon.....The first family event for the New Year was the Fiesta Bowl Parade, along with thousands of other families! We decided to head over the parade early to truly enjoy all its festivities.. like the potato shooters that are now sold on the same cart as cotton candy... I may be out of the parade loop because I really thought the guy was kidding until he showed me the actual potatoes (look close and you will too)!!! Needless to say we did not purchase one, but maybe next time...

Little Man had to fill up on juice getting ready for the big parade...

Ax did what he does best... SNACK.. SNACK.... SNACK .. SNACK (at least I brought noodles this time, yes actual noodles)

Game faces... These days this is the one of the only ways Little Man will look at the camera....

While I was watching the parade, I thought what could I do in a parade... play the tuba, no that instrument is bigger than me, and then I saw these women and thought my friends and I will definatley be doing this in about 20 years!!!! Look at those legs!

One of my favorite things was a costume club that is in the Valley for Star Wars fans. Made me think I was in Hollywood for a brief second...
And after the various balloons (because floats aren't the cool thing anymore) hundreds of horses and various marching bands, Little Man was ready to head home....

4 comments:

mini and brother said...

I'm so proud of you. That parade looks awesome! Noodles?! I bet you were the only mom in the crowd that packed noodles. The Star Wars guys look so cool. I'm looking forward to being in a parade in about 40 years... I'll be 74, perfect.

Start blogging once a week. Please.

Robyn said...

Happy New Year! Looks like a fun time at the parade and yes, I'm in for the fringed sparkly leotard at 72. I'm jealous that you get to be outside in the sun. Soak it up for me!

Mikele said...

Um, the "friend" is a tardy blogger, so... um... don't look just yet.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Wow...those are some legs! Looks like you guys weren't short on being entertained! Who knew we had a Star Wars club in the Valley?!
And are you supposed to shoot the potatoes at the people in the parade? Cause I might be in on that next year...