Sunday, August 19, 2007

Swims Like A Fish.....

We have struggled for months with Little Man to wear floaties or a swimsuit with floaties and he has refused, torn them off, and screamed; so we felt we would table this issue for another time. Out of the blue this week I thought, let's try floaties again.... To our surprise, Little Man watched intensely as Big Man put on the floaties... no screaming... no fuss....just watched....

Adam and I were a bit in shock and didn't say much as Little Man climbed into the pool... still no fuss.... And seriously within minutes, Little Man was swimming, jumping off the side, and having the time of his life :) Then he started holding his breath and chasing rockets in the pool and smiling the whole time. Adam and I still looked at each other in amazement and I had to take lots of pictures and videos of the blessed event, in case this was a one and only anomoly.....
Check out the video....

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/videos/df3def9651f1da489644d24890806694?index=0

And while we are on the topic of fish, we have decided to add another pet to the household. And since Adam and I couldn't agree on a dog or cat, we settled for a fish or two or three or four. We ventured to Petco over the weekend for the big purchase and apparently we have been out of the fish owning world for awhile because we have to let the water "calibrate" for three to seven days before adding fish.... So here's our new pet ......



5 comments:

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I love your new "Colin Fishy!" And I can't wait to see the new fish you are getting! Awesome tank... I think you should get salmon for the tank, that way if you are out of ideas for dinner....you can just go fishing in your living room.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Colin! How fun :) Love the pic of him watching Adam putting on the floaties.
Dig your tank. If you get a sucker fish, be sure to give it algae tablets or else it will die like ours did last night...our tank is really clean though,thanks to him...

mini and brother said...

I love the video. It's so fun to see him swimming all by himself. Thank you for finally updating... how about every other day?!

Anonymous said...

I was looking at the picture of the tank before I read everything and I thought "Am I going crazy?? Where the heck is the dang fish?" Duh...helps if you actually READ the post.

Anonymous said...

I am a little biased but I do think that he is a cutie. Can't wait go swimming with him again already! So should we even get fish, we wouldn't have to clean the tank if we dont and I am not sure Colin would know...

ac