Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of Preschool

It's school time again for Little Man this year and he was more excited than I was. He is attending Risen Savior again this year and keeps reminding me that he is too big for Miss Debbie's class, so he will be in Miss Nancy's class this year. On the way to school this morning he told me how excited he was to be going to school and right before my very eyes I felt him growing up. Where did my Little Boy go? I was a bit misty eyed to drop him off and lingered around for awhile peeking in the window to make sure he was okay, then pulled myself away.


He was eager to take pictures before school for about 1 or 2 nanoseconds, so here is proof of him doing something ONLY because Mom told him to.....

Notice his cool hairdo, he did it all by himself, blow dryer and all :) Sniff Sniff.....

Here's my Little Pumpkinhead......

And as we were walking into the room he began to get nervous and ask, "So Mom we don't come here tomorrow, right, just right now." I assured him only on Tuesdays and Thursdays and he sat down at the table and drew this pretty picture. After I left the teacher said he asked for me a lot and a girl in his class sang him a song to comfort him. This definitely made me a bit more misty eyed :)

6 comments:

Mikele said...

Cool picture, Colin! Love the hair.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Love the 'do Dude! He looks like a mini-Adam in that first picture. Can't believe how fast it all goes...

mini and brother said...

You're awesome, Mr.Preschool. STOP GROWING UP!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow he looks so big Heather. I know the misty eyed feeling. I dropped my baby off this year for all day kindergarten. I've since adjusted to the quiet but it's hard to believe how big my little guys are now. Where did the time go?

Robyn said...

Colin, you are such a big kid! Way to style your own hair :) See you guys sooooooon!

Carrie said...

Love the hair do ... so impressive ... LOVE that cool tree picture in his classroom. And that drawing ... FABULOUS!